But this isn't a blog post asking for money (although if you'd like to donate money to my campaign, I wouldn't say now). This is a blog post chronicling the Kickstarter journey.
Today, of course, I'm going to feature my own campaign, but each day I want to look through and see what some other people are doing. I think that Kickstarter is an amazing crowd-funding tool that helps a lot of people fulfill their dreams, and do it well (see my last post for dreams poorly executed), and I want the people who visit my site to have a chance at seeing not just what I did, but what other people are doing.
But today is about me. My goal is to raise $2,500 to publish my fantasy novel The Talented. I want to do it right, and that means money to go with the time I've already put in. My plans are listed on my campaign site, but here is a breakdown:
The things I am focusing on:
- I need a content edit
- I need a professional cover design
- I need a final copy edit
The things I want:
- I want help with the formatting (unless I turn out to be a formatting savant)
- I want to be able to have copies printed as rewards and to sell on consignment
- I want some promotional material (bookmarks, posters, etc.)
- I want some money for ads and reviews
The things I dream of:
- Having an audiobook recorded
So if you want to help my dreams (or wants or focuses(?) ) come true, you can head over to my campaign and donate. Otherwise, stay tuned to see tomorrow's Kickstarter Highlight (according to me, not the Kickstarter top picks).